Hello 3A1 and 3A2
I hope everyone had a happy and enjoyable Christmas. It is now time to start revising for the Mock Exams. Buy a new revison copy for notes that you will make for each section of the course.
Let’s start with Section A: Communities of Faith.
Take two days to revise this section. Read and study chapters 1 – 4, paying attention to key terms, definitions and case studies. Make detailed notes in your revision copy under the following headings:
- Meaning of community
- Types of community
- Roles in community
- Importance of co-operation, communication, sharing
- Breakdown in communities
- Communities at work such as communities of faith in Ireland
- Commitment, Service, Vision, Leadership
- Difference between needs and wants
- Communities of faith and leadership
- Showing commitment to religious beliefs
- Example – Loreto Order
- Meaning of mission
- Meaning of denomination
- Another example – Church of Ireland
- Leadership: Authoritarian, Democratic, Free reign
- Leadership in Church of Ireland
- Leadership in Roman Catholic Church
- Roman Catholic – Pope, Cardinals, Archbishops, Priests, Laity
- Relationships between Communities of Faith
- Key to solving sectarianism: Tolerance and more…
- Interfaith dialogue – World Council of Churches & World Peace Day
Make sure you know all the details of each of the bullet point headings above. Start revising today. More bullet point headings for Section B will be posted on Friday. Please remind your classmates to look at the blog.
Good luck everyone. Your hard work will pay off.